Sunday, October 23, 2011

CharCon was disappointing…

CharCon our local gaming convention, was a real disappointment, but not because of it’s size, or anything the fine folks who put CharCon together did. But because there was no Tannhauser at all, not even on the vendors shelves. The con like most small town cons was dominated by Games Workshop, Warhammer this, and 40K that, but FFG products were there in full force, just not Tannhauser. There were tons of Blood Bowl: Team Manager boxes, Horus Heresy, Warhammer: Fantasy Roleplay, etc….

Wait a sec, those are all basically Games Workshop too…

Hmmm…

So, was there anything not GW, well yes, there was Arkham Horror, and a lot of other tabletop mini games on the vendor tables. There was Pathfinder, some people were playing that really complex WWI airplane game, and there was a lot of board games to play, just not a lot of people playing them. There was a lot of other stuff too, and if I had an interest in any of it maybe I would have had a better time.

I can’t understand why no one plays Tann, at first I thought maybe the old edition had turned them away, or they read a bad review, but the truth is nobody knows what it is. The really sad thing, is I can’t set up a Tannhauser demo table, I just don’t have the time, and since no one else there even knows what Tannhauser is, I don’t see it ever happening.

What could we do? What can FFG do? We can’t let this fade away. We can’t let this die.

Did I mention there was no Dust Tactics either… I hate GW.