Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Amazon has just sent me the most…

Ridiculous email ever…

I had pre-ordered the first of the Tannhauser novels through them, because my normal supplier did not have it for pre-order at the time. But now I have to re-order it through my usual channels because I don’t want to wait till 2013 to get my copy.

Here’s a look at the email…

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on December 31, 2011 (Order# 002-????????-????????). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Robert Jeschonek "Tannhauser: Rising Sun, Falling Shadows"
Estimated arrival date: January 11, 2013 - January 15, 2013.

I never thought I’d have to wait an extra six months to get a book from Amazon, books are what they do right?!

And I’d like to point out that not only has the release date not changed, but my regular game dealer is already shipping the novel.

If any readers out there have received a similar email, please leave a comment.

Also leave a comment if you know what is going on over at Amazon, or if this is just a mistake.

End rant.

UPDATE

My newly ordered copy of Rising Sun, Falling Shadows, was just shipped out and should arrive in a week or so. So, expect a book review soonish.