Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Tannhauser Paradox

I have a bit of a problem, a sort of Paradox. I want to help Tannhauser become as popular as the other games we cover, but I can’t afford to devote masses of time and energy to something as unpopular as Tannhauser.

An example of the issue is our recent posts: the Dust Tactics Horten review took about an hour of work and has well over 500 views in about a week. While the Tannhauser post Operation: Contagion, which took hours and hours to develop, received about 15.

Of course it doesn’t help that the game is on a “hiatus” and development is not currently continuing. And while I hold out hope for its eventual triumphant return, I know that market pressures and profit margins are not going to be conducive to its rebirth, without some major change in the current gaming environment.

So what do I do?

Well, right now I don’t know.

Hopefully, well be able to build up some content to get us through the next few weeks to see if things improve.

To be honest I doubt Tannhauser will ever return to development, but I can at least hope that we’ll at see some of TH’s mechanics (like the amazing Pathfinding System) will be reused in a new game, in a new universe. I wouldn’t even mind if it was the Dust Universe, but we all know that that will never happen.

Happy gaming.