Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Dust News from Olivier of Dust Studio

Hi everyone,

it's been a while since I last gave you some news, I don't have much to say at the moment but a little update from time to time can't hurt!

We're working hard on the next wave of releases, that are now entering production (some are already done I guess). Expect news for all three armies, many things never seen so far for some, and old heroes making a comeback. The new campaign will take you to a familiar place (Zverograd) but will introduce an entirely new gameplay and a new type of unit. More on that in the next few weeks.

As you surely know by now Battlefront is our new partner and they are hard at work to bring all their expertise and experience to Dust. As I said in my last rant, things take time but believe me nobody is slacking. If you're here then you have to be pretty familiar with what we do: you know we aim only for the best possible. So yeah, sometimes things take longer than expected.

I try to stay on top of everything's that is discussed here but it's quite difficult: I'm getting old and have a ton of work on my own. I'm sorry if I miss some things or forget that a question was asked in a post. Feel free to remind me if the delay for an answer seems a bit long.

One thing that caught my eye though was some controversy lately about the Dust Devils International organization and how we want Organized Play and Tournaments to be, well, organized. First let me make something clear: the Devils are 100% official. It's something Paolo and I wanted for a long time and it's finally coming to life. I guess we explained it poorly (or thought we had) but I'll try it again: THE DEVILS ARE US! I'm not going to continue the rant on this topic for now (but will do next time), but I hope at least it's clearer now.

Related to this topic, I was very disappointed to see members of this group exchange very harsh words with each other. I don't know and don't care who started / who's right / wrong / etc. But we are a gaming group that gather around a common passion: Dust. I know that sometimes a passion can provoke high emotions (that's what it is for!) but not of this type. In short: GAME = FUN. DUST = FUN. RESULT = DOUBLE FUN! Simple, right?

Until next time, happy gaming ;)

Olivier, for the Dust Studio Team.