Thursday, August 15, 2013

Feeling Froze Out…

I’ve reached a bit of an impasse when it comes to developing new Dust content for here and on the YouTube channel. Due to the change from FFG to Battlefront I have lost my “backstage-pass” so to speak, and as such no longer have any pre-release access. All efforts I have made to get in touch with Battlefront seem to have been lost or ignored. Despite having assurance from FFG that they would put in a good word on my behalf, BF have made no contact with me. And while I could go direct to Paolo for help, it seems rather impertinent, and there’s no real reason for him to spend time and effort (and ultimately money) to help me. So… That seems pointless, but I may still try it…

In the end It may be that I’m far too isolated from the community to have any really access or anyone willing to help me regain access to the free models that the dust content here was founded on. And further we don’t have the budget to divert to purchasing new models from the coming releases. And given the rate of expansion of the Dust line it will become ever more impossible for us to catch up as we fall behind.

So… what does this mean…

I don’t know for sure yet, I’m going to try sending out a couple emails after GenCon wraps up and folks have had time to get back to their regular jobs. If I get no positive responses from those. Then we may have to drop Dust from our schedule because we just won’t be able to afford it.

It’s all very sad for us, but no one’s talking to us so, I’m not sure where to go from here. We have to wait and see.